- Make a copy of the original ThinApp Project WITH the BIN folder and it's contents (EXEs/Data Container).
- Clear the SANDBOX within the %APPDATA%\THINSTALL folder.
- Run the virtual application in the project to be updated.
- Update the application with plugins, settings, updates, modifications. Close the app.
- Re-launch the app and test the updates exist and work.
- Close the app.
- Open CMD and change to the directory where virtual application is stored.
- Type "SBMERGE APPLY"
NOTE: If successful, the ThinApp Sandbox for this packaged app will have been removed from %APPDATA%\Thinstall.
- Execute BUILD.BAT within the project just updated by SBMERGE.
- Run new version of ThinApp packaged app to test updates/mods.
- Deploy via AppSync, Side-by-Side, MSI (via ESD), etc.
More on updating ThiApp packages: http://blogs.vmware.com/thinapp/2010/05/thinapp-updating.html