Here are some quick steps to remove/hide title column from a custom Sharepoint list:
- Go to the Settings->List Settings->Advanced settings
- Check the "yes" Radio button for "Allow management of Content types" and hit OK
- Setp 2 will give you "Content types" option on the settings page which will have "Item" content type
- Clicking on "Item" link , it will give the screen where you can hide the column completely for future use
- Click on "Hidden" under "Column settings" option in this page and hit Ok
- Now go back to the list and add a new item and you won't see the "Title" column.
More more information and screen shots please visit this article on Code Project.