Graphical PowerShell !! Yes..new Version of PowerShell 2.0 have a graphical user interface along with many other enhancements .The Graphical PowerShell interface is known as “Windows PowerShell ISE” , where we can create, test and run PowerShell scripts and see the result with in the GUI Window.
PowerShell 2.0 comes inbuilt with Windows 7. To open the graphical PowerShell interface type “Power shell” in search box you will see this:
Now click on “Windows PowerShell ISE” to open the GUI interface:
Here are the links to the some useful resources for PowerShell including some scripting tools as well:
1. Windows PowerShell for XP , Vista and Server 2003
2. Windows PowerShell 2.0 Software Development Kit: Windows PowerShell 2.0 SDK contains sample code and reference assemblies that allow you to build applications based on Windows PowerShell. Download
3. Scripting with Windows PowerShell Guide
4. ADSI Scriptomatic :The ADSI Scriptomatic is designed to help you write ADSI scripts; that is, scripts that can be used to manage Active Directory.
5.Windows PowerShell Scriptomatic :A new utility that writes Windows PowerShell scripts that harness the power of WMI (Windows Instrumentation Management) for use in system management and administration. This tool was created by Microsoft consultant and author Ed Wilson.
6.Scriptomatic : Utility that helps you write WMI scripts for system administration.
7.PowerShell Do-It-Yourself Script Center Kit :Sample scripts and documentation enabling you to create your own version of the TechNet Script Center.
8.WMI Code Creator :The WMI Code Creator tool allows you to generate VBScript, C#, and VB .NET code that uses WMI to complete a management task such as querying for management data, executing a method from a WMI class, or receiving event notifications using WMI.
9.The WMI Diagnosis Utility : A new utility to help system administrators diagnose and repair problems with the WMI service.
10.Windows PowerShell Graphical Help File :View the Windows PowerShell 1.0 help (including cmdlet help and the About topics) in a fully-searchable, graphical format (a standard Windows .chm file).
11. PowerGUI :A graphical user interface and script editor for Microsoft Windows PowerShell.