AD Manager Plus

Remove speedbit search from IE and Firefox

I installed DAP on my computer to speed up my downloads and  now whenever I open a new tab in IE or try to search something in search box it was redirecting me to search.speedbit.com web page.

Same thing was happening with Firefox, I type a keyword in the location bar to search it ( default is Google ) but it was redirecting me to speedbit search page.
I removed DAP  and speedbit search from my computer, still the same thing was happening. Here is the solution I found with some google search:

To remove speedbit search from IE:
1.Open registry editor and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft   \Internet Explorer\AboutURLs2. Right click "Tabs" string value and select "Modify"4. Cnange the value to "res://ieframe.dll/tabswelcome.htm" which is the default value the Internet explorer.
5. Close Internet Explorer and open again

Remove Speedbit search from firefox:
1. Open firefox browser and type “about:config” in the address bar
2. Look for keyword.URL item in the list and right click on it select reset.

Note: Make sure you have already removed speedbit search from Add/remove programs.

Popular Posts