To enable webclient service on server 2008 we need to install desktop experience feature. In earlier version of windows webclient service could be installed by enabling WebDAV component if IIS.
- Start the Windows Server Manager.
- In the tree view, highlight the Features node.
- In the details pane, click Add Features.
- In the Add Features Wizard, check the Desktop Experience box, and then click Next.
- Click Install.
- When the Add Features Wizard has finished, click Close.
- Click Yes when promoted to restart the computer.