What are the functions of Functions of PDC Emulater in Windows 2003/2000 domain:
- Password changes performed by other DCs in the domain are replicated preferentially to the PDC emulator.
- Authentication failures that occur at a given DC in a domain because of an incorrect password are forwarded to the PDC emulator before a bad password failure message is reported to the user.
- Account lockout is processed on the PDC emulator.
- Editing or creation of Group Policy Objects (GPO) is always done from the GPO copy found in the PDC Emulator's SYSVOL share, unless configured not to do so by the administrator.
- The PDC emulator performs all of the functionality that a Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Server-based PDC or earlier PDC performs for Windows NT 4.0-based or earlier clients.